Reviews of 'Fly On Strangewings'
Jade (original LP 1970; reissued four times since 2003)
A beautiful record recalling the best material by (their British) contemporaries but with an added US West Coast twist
Record Collector, September 2003
Marianne Segal's songs mine a rich seam of introspection with cut-glass restraint and tunes that hang around long after their conclusion
Peter Paphides, Mojo, November 2003
- Melody Maker review, August
From the long-running weekly music paper in the UK
- New York Times review, August 1971
- Short Mojo magazine review, June 2001
From the How To Buy ... Acid Folk article, two years prior to the first re-issue
- Record Collector review,
From the Diggin' for Gold article, just prior to re-issue on CD
- Mojo magazine review, November
Review of the first re-issue on Lightning Tree
- Shindig! magazine review, November 2003
- Review by Richie Unterberger, 2004
- Short Record Collector review,
From the Strange Folk article
- Another Record Collector review, August 2009
- Pete Sears, of Jefferson Starship, who played bass on the album, said in this Let It Rock interview from 2010, "I've played on over a hundred and fifty albums since 1964 ... not all good of course, and the Jade album still remains one of my favorites."
For more Jade press across the years, visit the Other Jade Press page - Jade articles & interviews, gig reviews, music press ads, a mention in Vogue and more.